Thursday, October 24, 2013

Isley's Halloween Logo


I have been working on my son's Halloween costume today. He is a two-and-a-half year old that is obsessed, as many little guys are, with construction sites. Well actually, construction sites, backhoes, front loaders, bulldozers, excavators, you name it, he knows it. And l.o.v.e.s it. (What is up with how that so many little boys are into big machines. It's kind of cray-cray.)

It makes sense, then, that his heroes are the people that make it all happen. He calls them the"Workin' Man." And since we all like to dress up as our heroes, that's exactly what he's going to do. Ask him what he is going to be for Halloween and that is what he'll tell you with great gusto. A Workin' Man!

I felt like I had to come up with a strategy, however,  for when he goes Trick-Or-Treating. I want folks answering their doors to look at Isley and tell him "aha, and you're a working man, I see." Not something close, like a construction worker, or a carpenter. And since I am a nerdy graphic designer, what better way to sell something than with a logo?? A "Workin' Man" logo that he could wear proudly on his chest. 

I found beautiful and classic Union labels and logos to pull from for the design. I will screen-print it, with help from me good friend, Cynthia Warren. I still have a bit more finessing but I think I am close.

The coolio facet to this costume is that when Isley was born the baby announcement I designed had a union-made logo as well. Guess I am starting a trend with this little guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment